Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: FLX-BLK
HOW DOES THE FLEXISTRETCHER IMPROVE FLEXIBILITY AND STRENGTH? Working with the... more
HOW DOES THE FLEXISTRETCHER IMPROVE FLEXIBILITY AND STRENGTH?
- Working with the Flexistretcher allows one to simulate dance-specific or sport-specific movement patterns concentrating on improvements in execution and mobility.
- Utilizing the elastic resistance the Flexistretcher increases muscle strength in a safe, productive manner.
- As the band stretches, resistance increases, providing a stimulus to the muscle. This resistance does not rely on gravity. Instead, training with elastic resistance provides a variable resistance throughout the stretch or exercise, eliminating the possibility of using momentum and "cheating" your way through the movement.
- Working against this resistance forces the muscle to respond with increased effort, which promotes the development of muscular growth, strength, and power.
HOW IS THE FLEXISTRETCHER DIFFERENT?
- Unlike flimsy elastic stretching bands (such as the theraband) or stiff nylon straps, the Flexistretcher’s resistance has been carefully measured to provide progressive stimulus to the muscle without sacrificing control.
- This combination of support and stretch cannot be found in any other product.
- The Flexistretcher’s size and shape allows it to be used in full body stretches (such as a ballet arabesque), but it can also be adjusted to target specific, smaller body parts (such as shoulders or hamstrings).
- Built to withstand the daily use of professional dancers, the Flexistretcher’s sturdy construction and custom designed parts are guaranteed to last.
- Adjustable straps conform to any flexibility level and custom pieces are designed for added comfort and user easability.
- Designed by a professional dancer recovering from injury the Flexistretcher and it's training methods are researched and tailored to compliment the ever evolving demands of ballet technique.
- Become certified! Checkout our training section to see dates for our next certificaiton to be a Certified FLX Conditioning Specialist (CFCS).
HOW TO STRETCH WITH THE FLEXISTRETCHER?
- The key to effective stretching and exercising with the Flexistretcher is engaging an active stretch based on Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF). The PNF stretching techniques employ the concept that the muscle relaxation part of the stretch is fundamental to effectively enhancing flexibility and deepening the stretch. A popular PNF technique is the contract-relax, where the muscle is stretched, contracted, relaxed and then stretched further.
- In a contract-relax active stretch with the Flexistretcher, you assume a position and hold it there, engaging the agonist muscles. These are the muscles required in ballet to developpe the leg and hold a big extension, such as the arabesque. Then, by resisting the resistance as if you are pushing your leg down to the floor, the targeted muscles are engaged. This is followed by the relaxation phase, and finishes with moving the limb into a greater range of motion
- The Flexistretcher facilitates contract-relax PNF by providing resistance, allowing the working muscle to voluntary contract against the tension. After a 5-10 second contraction followed by a 5-10 second muscle relaxation, the muscle is able to be stretched to a greater degree.
Write an evaluation
Evaluations will be activated after verification.